About the "Trekking Carpathians"
This website was created for hiking enthusiasts in the Carpathians. The purpose of the site is to collect all the information that tourists may need on one resource and provide easy access to it.
- Interactive map of the Carpathians. With information about areas, hiking routes, places, settlements.
- Information database. Routes, places (springs, camps, huts, places of interest, peaks and more), villages and towns. Search in this database
- Weather forecast for places, routes and settlements in the Carpathians
- Communication and discussion in the forum and chat
Mobile App for Android
- Free application for hiking, covers only the Carpathians. More than 25 thousand downloads.
- Most features can work offline (without an internet connection).
- Performs the function of a navigator for hiking and trekking. Shows the location on the topographic map.
- Ability to download topographic maps by the name of the Carpathians region.
- Contains a local copy of the database of places, routes, settlements from the site Vpohid.com.ua
- Convenient choice of route for the hike, expanded information about places, settlements.
- Search for information during a hiking on your track without an Internet connection. Identification of the nearest sources, huts, places for halts, places of interest, etc.
- Exchange of information between users. Commenting on routes, places and other elements of the application. Add your own photos.
- Weather forecast based on the selected route.
- Extended information about settlements and transport connections.
- Communication between users - forum and chat. To discuss topics related to the Carpathians and hiking
- The tool "What is that peak?". Determining the name of the peak in real time.
- Competitions and quests. A special tool for organizing various competitions in the Carpathians.
Plans for new features for the future
- Route tracking with the ability to export the recorded track in standard formats
- "I'm here" function. Ability to create links and send to loved ones so they can see your movement and location during the trekking in real time (with a periodic Internet connection).
- Communication of groups on trekking routes with each other
- A tool for finding hiking partners to hike together
- Cooperation with rescuers and government services.
The portal set up
This site was founded in 2019 and is maintained by Roman Gelembjuk - the fan of Carpathian mountains and fan of software programming
The project is supported by